Give your eLearning career an edge. Adobe Captivate Specialist is a blended learning certificate program, comprising of 120+ online videos followed by a day-long, hands-on workshop. Designed for eLearning professionals who have basic to advanced level proficiency in instructional design and eLearning course-creation workflows. Successfully passing an assessment test at the end of the workshop will reward the participants with a badge and certificate from Adobe.
How it works
Select the date and city where you plan to attend the full-day, hands-on workshop and assessment, and register online
Complete your payment for the program (pricing and payment
). Then, you'll gain access to the online video tutorials within a week of making payment.
Step 3: Watch all the online videos (video duration - 7 ½ hours) and complete the practice exercises (30-40 hours if you practice all the steps).
Step 4: Attend the live workshop on your chosen date. Upon passing the assessment, you will receive your Adobe Captivate Specialist certificate and badge within 3 weeks' time.
What you will learn
Learn how to use Adobe Captivate (2019 release) to quickly build eLearning courses using audio, video, animations, images, and quiz questions. Then take your eLearning courses to the next level by using multi-state objects, effects, advanced actions, and variables.
Get hands-on training on how to create:
- Scenario-based learning
- Compliance training
- Responsive eLearning courses
- Video demonstrations and interactive videos
- Virtual reality training and 360 learning experiences
- Software simulations
- Click- and drag-based interactions
- Assessment and knowledge check questions
Full-day workshop will be from 7:00am – 6:00pm (7:00-8:00am - breakfast + registration). The agenda will cover the following topics in detail:
- Introduction to Adobe Captivate (2019 release)
- Touring the Adobe Captivate interface
- Creating static and responsive courses in Adobe Captivate
- Using quick-start projects and ready-to-go slides to build courses
- Using themes and eLearning assets
- Inserting interactive and non-interactive objects
- Building custom animations and interactions
- Using advanced actions and variables
- Recording and editing simulations and video demos
- Using Adobe Captivate with other applications, such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adding assessments and quizzes
- Enabling Learning Management System (LMS) compliance and accessibility
- Previewing and publishing the courses to an LMS
Participants must complete the online training before the in-person workshop. The assessment will be based on the online training, and the full-day workshop will act as a review class for what you will learn in the pre-coursework.
Participants need to download the classroom exercise files (these will be shared a week before the classroom session) and save them on their local drive/desktop. These are required to successfully follow along during the in-person workshop.
All participants are required to bring their own laptops with the latest update of Adobe Captivate (2019 release) pre-installed. If you do not already have the latest update of the 2019 release, you may download a free trial
within 30-days of your program date. Those without the 2019 release will NOT be able to complete or pass the assessment. Please ensure that you are able to access Adobe Captivate and the internet on your machine outside of your regular network, and that no firewalls or security features will prevent you from successfully working on your machine. Please bring a power adaptor for your laptop, access to power for charging will be provided.
Pricing & Payment
The standard price for registration is $799 USD. Adobe Captivate Specialist Certificate Programs that are co-located with Adobe Learning Summit (Las Vegas, NV) and Adobe eLearning Conference (Washington, D.C.) are offered at a discounted price of $499 USD.
Payment is required for enrolling into the program, getting access to online training videos, and entry permit on the day of your selected workshop.
This program is non-refundable, under no circumstances will refunds be issued. The price covers the registration fee, access to online training content for 1 year, breakfast and lunch during the workshop day, and the certificate and badge if the assessment is successfully passed.