The speed and pace of cyber threats by state and non-state actors are bombarding DoD network defenses and threatening to undermine the United States' technological military advantage. The recent elevation of US Cyber Command to a unified combatant command demonstrates the resolve to embrace the changing nature of warfare in order to maintain US military superiority across all domains and phases of conflict. This ever-changing face of war has created the Cyberspace AOR, driving the need for an integrated security strategy between the physical and virtual battlefield.
The previous approach to securing data and systems has emphasized strong perimeter protection to keep threats on the outside of the network. This model is ineffective for handling new types of threats, such as advanced persistent threats, sophisticated insider threats, and coordinated attacks. What is needed is a scalable security model, which detects potential nefarious actors, regardless of location within the environment, and stops it at point of origin.
Please join us on October 24th
to learn how VMware's integrated solutions can help your organization achieve a secure software defined data center (SDDC
) for the cyberspace battlefield. During this session, we will discuss how to create a cost effective, cyber-resilient software defined infrastructure through:
- Established authoritative and intended state of a workload's security context
- Separate trust zone for monitoring
- Secured and hardened hosts and applications???
- Orchestrated and automated incident response and disaster recovery
- Encrypted data at rest and in motion utilizing DLP functionality
- Leveraging VDI and Enterprise Mobility Management for a hardened end-point security posture and ease transition to Windows 10